This post was inspired by a social media challenge I am participating in with TheLeveragedPhD. In my brainstorming notebook for my blog, I planned to write a post catered to different audiences such as bloggers and teachers. I realized that doing a post of #myfavorites right now would not take away from writing those separate posts later. All of that said, this post is about resources I cannot live without. I am sure, despite your interests or career field, you will find some use for these!
- Canva: I am sure everyone is using Canva these days. With so many template options you can design anything from a flyer, a presentation, a blog graphic, or other social media posts. If you need great graphics, Canva is the place to go! Bonus: I just discovered Snappa which works in a similar fashion.
- Trello: This one is perfect for organizing. To date I have been using it to organize my research projects for work but my blog will soon get boards as well. You know those sticky notes you have pasted all over the place? Transition to Trello to get it all organized digitally.
- Over & HypeType: These two are my go-to when I want to add an effect of text over my photo. To date I have only used these for Instagram stories but I am thinking of the ways in which they can be used for so much more.
- Otter: Do you need text transcriptions of spoken text? Otter has become a life saver for my interviews I conduct for work. If you have an audio recording, upload it to Otter and watch it create the text version of it effortlessly. Seriously, where was this when I paid $1 a minute for my dissertation interviews?!
- Pinterest: I mean did you think this one wouldn’t make the list? I promise I check Pinterest daily. I have what seems like 17,000 boards for different pins. This one is full of inspiration for my teaching, my personal life, and my blogging.
Let’s chat. Which of these do you love and why?
Help me add to my list. What tools have should I explore going forward?